The Honeywell RAEGuard 2 PID is a fixed photoionization detector (PID) that measures a broad range of volatile organic compounds (VOCs) RAEGuard 2 PID Fixed detector continuously monitor for the threat of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in hazardous locations. This monitor is easy to configure and maintain in the field thanks to a modular design with easy access to PID lamp and sensor, without the need for tools. The internal diaphragm pump speeds sample flow-throw and the unit delivers highly accurate readings with both digital and analog outputs. Low, high, and fault relays can be configured to trigger alarms or integrate with your process controls for automatic shutdown in response to VOC threats. A magnetic key interface enables the detector to be calibrated and operational parameters adjusted with the explosion-proof enclosure in place.
The RAEGuard 2 PID operates on 10 to 28 VDC and provides an analogue (4-20mA) three-wire signal output, and RS-485 Modbus digital signal output.
Calibration and maintenance have been greatly simplified as the digital PID module can be easily removed in hazardous locations for calibration or maintenance.
The RAEGuard 2 PID has a graphic display and LED light status indicator for fault and alarm conditions. In addition, low, high, and fault relays can be configured to trigger external alarms or process controls.
A magnetic key interface enables the detector to be calibrated and operational parameters adjusted with the explosion-proof enclosure in place.
• Explosion-proof stainless-steel enclosure suitable for outdoor hazardous environment applications
• Class I, Division 1 (Zone 1) continuous VOC monitoring solution for hazardous locations
Reduced maintenance costs
• Easy to remove sensor module in hazardous locations without use of tools
No false alarms
• Large UV lamp and better sealing allows greater sensitivity, faster response times and better resolution which results in a greater reliability
Reduced life costs
• Unique lamp design makes the product more robust and enables longer life time
• Continuous VOC monitoring in hazardous and non-hazardous locations
Provides faster response times
• The sample flow-through design powered by an internal diaphragm pump provides faster response times
• Guaranteed by humidity compensation even in humid environments
Suitable for a wide range of applications
• Over 200 correction factors1 are pre-programmed and allow users to display readings of specific target gas
Key applications and their VOCs
• Benzene in refinery analyser shelters
• Ammonia in industry
• Vinyl Chloride in chemical manufacturing
• Toluene or Ammonia in semi-conductor plants
• Chlorine Dioxide, Hydrogen Peroxide, Ozone in pulp and paper
• Solvent and chemicals storage
• Phenol and DME in pharmaceutical
• Toluene in printing
• Air quality
• Methyl Ethyl Ketone in paint spray booths
• Heat transfer fluids
• Acetone, Xylene, Phenol in medical, pathology, histology lab