The Honeywell Sensepoint XCD RFD (Remote Flammable Detector) instrument Transmitter is a simplified remote flammable gas monitoring system for hard to reach areas in helping detecting Methane and Propane gases with the option to use the Sensepoint XCD remote flammable sensors (Catalytic and IR), or with the Sensepoint range of flammable gas detectors. Choose from Sensepoint XCD RFD Transmitter only or the Sensepoint XCD RFD Transmitter with Remote Plug in Sensor and socket ATEX/IECEx/Asian Approvals (LM25) or Sensepoint XCD RFD Transmitter only with MODBUS Communication
Honeywell Sensepoint XCD RFD (Remote Flammable Detector) has been specifically designed for use with remotely mounted flammable gas sensors. This configuration is ideal for applications where the sensor is required to be mounted remotely from the transmitter in areas where temperatures are well above ambient (up to 150°C/302°F), or that are difficult to access. The transmitter can be mounted at a suitable location away from this area where it is easy to access, view its display and interact with via the user interface.
Sensepoint XCD RFD is suitable for use with several Honeywell Analytics’ sensors; the Sensepoint XCD catalytic bead and infrared type plug-in sensors and the Sensepoint standard and high temperature sensors. These sensors can be mounted up to 30 metres (100 feet) away from the transmitter thereby accommodating even the most remote and inaccessible applications.
The gas range is user adjustable at the transmitter from 0-100%LEL down to 0-20%LEL. The 0-20%LEL range is particularly suited for use with the Sensepoint high temperature sensors that have thermally matched beads providing optimum accuracy and stability allowing alarm set points as low as 5%LEL.
The transmitter’s tri-colour backlit LCD clearly indicates the unit’s status at a glance, even from a distance. A steady green backlight indicates normal operation, flashing yellow indicates fault and flashing red indicates an alarm.
Outputs include 2 programmable alarm relays, 1 programmable fault relay as well as 4-20mA output (sink or source selectable).
The range, relay operation, alarm set points and electronic tag number of the detector can be adjusted using the transmitter’s LCD and the non-intrusive magnetic switches. Outputs are automatically inhibited during adjustment thereby reducing the risk of false alarm at the control panel during maintenance.
The Sensepoint XCD Remote Flammable Detector (RFD) can be used with Sensepoint XCD remote flammable sensors (Catalytic and IR), or with the Sensepoint range of flammable gas detectors. The sensors can be directly mounted to the M25 entry at the bottom of the transmitter, or remotely mounted to suitable junction boxes or duct mounting assemblies. Sensepoint flammable detectors are available in both standard and high temperature versions.
• Compatible with high temperature sensors for use in and around Gas Turbine Enclosures and solvent based printing and coating drying ovens
• Compliant with the requirements of HSE guidance note PM84
• Transmitter can be mounted in easy to access area even if sensor is in a hard to access or restricted access area
• Sensor can be mounted up to 30 metres (100 feet) from transmitter
• Standard temperature catalytic and infrared sensor types also available Reliable detection
• Compatible with Honeywell Analytics’ proven catalytic bead flammable gas sensors
• High temperature gas sensors have thermally matched beads for highest accuracy and stability enabling low alarm levels
• Gas sensors use long life, poison resistant beads as standard, reducing ongoing cost of ownership
Easy to Use
• Easy to read tri-colour backlit display with digits, bar graph and icons
• Fully configurable via non-intrusive magnetic switches
• Selectable sink or source 4-20mA output
• Auto-inhibit during maintenance prevents false alarms
• Sensepoint XCD common transmitter platform
• Reduces training costs
• Reduced spares and stock costs
• Non-intrusive, one-man operation reduces cost of maintenance
• Optional Sensepoint XCD plug-in sensor reduces maintenance time further